Amsterdam, 21 March 2019: On UN International Day of Forests, CarNext.com, the disruptive digital marketplace for high-quality used cars, is giving its customers the choice to give back to the environment and help plant new forests. CarNext.com has announced a partnership with Land Life Company, the leading reforestation company, to make every customer car journey carbon neutral.
CarNext.com customers will be able to compensate their carbon emissions from their vehicles through Land Life Company’s innovative reforestation program. Land Life Company is a world leader in sustainable and technology-driven reforestation and is on a mission to reforest 2 billion hectares of the world’s most degraded land.
The offer will be available in the Netherlands online from 21 March 2019 and will be available to all our customers in due course.
Ewout van Jarwaarde, MD CarNext.com said, “I am delighted to be able to offer our customers the choice to choose carbon neutral driving through this partnership with Land Life Company. This is the first time that used car customers have the opportunity to offset their emissions and is a big step in the right direction. None of us can just sit back and wait for others to act. Climate change is one of the biggest issues of our generation and by each doing our bit we can help to make a difference.”
Jurriaan Ruys, CEO Land Life Company said, “We believe everyone should be able to positively tackle climate change. Planting trees takes CO2 out of the air and creates impact we can see and touch. And, collectively we can regenerate the land important to the health of our planet, economy and community for both this generation and the next”.
Notes to editors
- CarNext.com is a disruptive digital market place for high quality used cars.
- CarNext.com customers in the Netherlands will have the opportunity to offset their carbon emissions. The price will be calculated based on the car’s estimated CO2 emissions.
- All the money goes directly to reforestation projects.
- Together with our partners at Land Life we will plant trees for every kilometre you drive. This means that at least one new tree will be planted every month
- Land Life Company’s carbon programme is independently audited. Reforestation projects used in the CarNext.com – Land Life Company partnership are all focused on the United States and Europe, and will bring direct investment to local communities and ecosystems
- Rebuilding forests on degraded drylands – in comparison to landfill, renewables and other offset options – actually removes carbon dioxide from the air
- If global temperature rises are to be limited to not more than 2ºC above pre-industrial levels, as stipulated in the 2015 Paris Agreement, global carbon dioxide emissions must hit ‘net zero’ no later than 2090. After that, emissions must go ‘net negative’, with more carbon removed from the stock than is emitted
About Land Life Company
Land Life Company was founded in 2014 by former McKinsey partner Jurriaan Ruys and the founder of Bugaboo International, Eduard Zanen with a shared conviction that innovation and technology are critical to addressing land degradation within our lifetime. The technology-driven reforestation company is on a mission is to help reforest 2 billion hectares of degraded land globally and has led both large-scale and iconic reforestation projects in 25 countries around the world. In 2019 alone, Land Life Company will plant over 1 million trees.
Land Life Company
Head of Marketing & Communications
+31 (0) 6 81 03 31 90
CarNext.com customers can now choose to drive carbon neutral